At Leapfrog, our mission is to be a role model technology company. We want to be trusted partners, world-class engineers, and creative innovators for our clients. We have built awesome software products across various verticals and take pride in our craftsmanship that has produced greater results in the software industry and the overall ecosystem. To maintain that spirit and legacy here are some of the things you are expected to do as a Software Engineer:
- Analysis, design, development, deployment, and maintenance of small-scale projects independently.
- Write modular, reusable, and excellent quality code, code reviews, and implement best practices.
- Develop RESTful APIs as needed.
- Create and maintain technical documentation.
- Share knowledge within the team and actively participate in the code review process.
- Automate deployments, integrate CI, and perform manual deployments when needed.
- Follow the company’s coding standards, policies, processes, and working culture and ethics.
- Communicate new ideas, issues, status, and outcomes with PM/TL/team and with clients as necessary
- Continuous research and learning; discover, evaluate, and implement new technologies to maximize development efficiency.
- Graduate in Computer Engineering or similar IT background or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 2 years of professional programming experience.
- Good Knowledge of programming principles (OOP, SOLID, Cohesion, Coupling, Encapsulation).
- Demonstrable experience in at least 1 programming language and related frameworks/technologies.
- Good knowledge of automated testing and TDD principles.
- Demonstrable experience with web services, RESTful APIs, and data formats like XML/JSON.
- Demonstrable experience working with Application Servers (e.g Apache, Nginx, Tomcat, Websphere, Weblogic, or JBOSS).
- Demonstrable experience with Web application deployments, server management, and concepts of amazon web services (EC2, S3, RDS, SES).
- Demonstrable experience with automated deployment/build tools (e.g. Maven, Ant, Capistrano, etc.).
- Good knowledge of agile development methodologies(Scrum/Kanban).
- Good analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Can work well within team dynamics.