Senior Data Engineer
At Leapfrog, our mission is to be a role model technology company. We want to be trusted partners, world-class engineers, and creative innovators for our clients. We have built awesome software products across various verticals and take pride in our craftsmanship that has produced greater results in the software industry and the overall ecosystem.
As a Senior Data Engineer, you will closely work with to build data processing, data warehousing infrastructure, and data visualization systems. You will be part of a learning culture where teamwork and collaboration are encouraged, excellence is rewarded, and diversity is respected and valued.
- Follow software development best practices and industry standards to deliver a robust system.
- Write analytical queries based on business requirements.
- Design database schema based on the product requirements.
- Optimize database query. Maintain ETL workflows and SQL scripts for data transformation and analysis.
- Engage and participate in all stages of the Software Development life cycle process: Planning, design, development, testing, and deployment.
- Prepare flow diagram and technical documentation.
- Work and collaborate independently or in a team.
- At least 4 years of experience in software development using relational databases & SQL (PL/SQL, T-SQL is preferred).
- Well-versed and experienced with at least one of the programming languages (Preferred: Python).
- Strong knowledge of OLTP and OLAP database design, best practices, and database architecture with experience in Data Warehouse design and data analysis.
- Must have hands-on experience in ETL, data transformation, functions, stored procedures, triggers, etc.
- Must have hands-on experience in BI and data analytics
- Strong computing foundation and fundamentals.
- End-to-end understanding of software components and architectural layers - frontend, backend, REST APIs, OLTP, OLAP databases, etc.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills and well-versed with fundamental programming concepts and/or data structures and algorithms.
- Familiarity with Linux systems and the command-line interface.
- Proficient working knowledge of GIT and GIT-based development workflows.
- Willingness to learn, contribute, lead, and grow with us.
- Preferable Skills:
- Knowledge of Power BI, Tableau, and any other BI/visualization tool.
- Experience with database administration.
- Working knowledge of Docker, containers, and cloud-native infrastructure.
- Familiarity with ETL automation tools like Apache Airflow, Pentaho DI, SSIS, etc.
- Familiarity with cloud services and platforms like AWS.
- Good command in spoken and written communication (in English).